Membership in the Small Property Owners Association is open to all who believe in property rights. We started in Massachusetts, but we have members and friends across the country. We are the group that got rid of rent control in Massachusetts, and we keep it out.
MassLandlords handles all of our dues and donation payments
Your annual membership dues of $75 gives you a subscription to:
The Small Property Owners Newsletter. The best property owner newsletter around. In your mailbox every month, 10 times a year except July and August. Up-to-date reports on old laws and new laws for and against small property owners.
Investigative reports on:
- real owners getting hurt by abusive laws
- the “free lawyer” legal services for tenants
- the hidden truths about lead poisoning and lead paint abatement
- the so-called “affordable housing” bureaucracy and its agenda
- and similar topics
In-depth analysis of our nation’s anti-owner housing laws and how they hurt owners, housing and neighborhoods
- Strategy talks on how to make small property owners into an effective grassroots lobby in every state.
- The Small Property Owners NEWS keeps getting high marks from its readers.
- We are a high-level, opinion-shaping monthly report.
- We aim to change how people think about housing policy and its impact on small property owners across the country.
- We aim to give property owners the tools to change the laws that affect them.
Your financial support, though your dues and donations, helps us to:
- Press for reform of landlord-tenant laws in Massachusetts (an important trend-setting state with a high concentration of tenant activists) and in other states
- Educate the public, the media and legislators about property owner issues. Our newsletter is sent out free to all Massachusetts state legislators and to hundreds of publishers, editors and reporters in the print and broadcast media.
- Educate property owners, so they can become effective in speaking about property owner issues to their friends, neighbors, co-workers and legislators.
- Develop a nationwide network of property owner groups
- Organize grassroots lobbying and campaigning
To Join, Renew Your Membership, or Donate:
Click here to go directly to our online Membership, Renewal, and Donation page.
Make your check for $75 or more payable to “SPOA c/o MassLandlords.net” The first $75 of every donation starts or renews your membership for a year. We depend on the generous donations of our members above and beyond the annual dues.
Mail it to our payment processing center:
SPOA c/o MassLandlords.net Payment Processing
PO Box 844570
Boston, MA 02284-4570
Business correspondence and letters can still be sent to the SPOA office:
P.O. Box 398115
Cambridge, MA 02139
SPOA can always be reached at 617-354-5533
When you join, we will send you our New Member Packet including the latest issue of our newsletter.
ADDITIONAL DONATIONS can be made here. SPOA’s operating budget depends on generous donations above and beyond the $75 annual dues. If you can afford more, please consider an additional donation. Your generosity is greatly appreciated and will help our cause.