To “open up” the rental housing market, besides restoring eviction procedures for those not paying what they can afford to pay, we also need to make sure that new tenants moving into an apartment can do so safely, ensuring they … Read More “How to disinfect an apartment prior to a move-in”
- Only do emergency or urgent repairs
- Ask or tell tenants to plan to be out of their apartment for two or three hours, until the repair is completed. Suggest they can stay in their, take a walk, or stay with
- Reduce repairs as much as possible. Patch, don’t replace.
- Take precautions when you enter an apartment to do repairs. See below for precautions during the coronavirus crisis and possible long after it.
- Do as many repairs yourself, if you can.
Unfortunately, we landlords have been put in a difficult position, required to maintain our housing for our tenants but without income in many cases. Other businesses are forced to shut down, stopping their income but free to seek other income. … Read More “Small Landlords and Coronavirus”